YOU DID IT!
Governor Mark Dayton just informed the legislature that he will sign SF878 – the Omnibus Public Safety Bill into law.
Your efforts as stalwart advocates for the Second Amendment made this happen!
What does this mean for gun owners?
Later this year, as the laws take effect, the following provisions will be in effect:
- The Governor will no longer have the authority to seize your firearms during a ‘state of emergency’
- Ownership and use of suppressors will be legal for all lawful purposes
- Permit to Carry holders will no longer need to provide notification to the Commissioner of Public Safety to carry at the MN State Capitol complex
- The process for the Commissioner of Public Safety to determine reciprocity for permit holders with other states will be simplified
- Minnesota law will be clarified as to the purchase of long guns in other states
This is a great victory for Minnesota’s gun owners – and YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN!
Our thanks also to our partners in driving these issues with the legislature this year:
- The Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance (GOCRA), with their strong history of more than 25 years of working to protect and expand the rights of Minnesota’s law-abiding gun owners.
- The National Rifle Association (NRA)
If you have a few minutes today, please send a note of thanks to Governor Dayton for signing the bill, and Representative Tony Cornish for shepherding these gun rights bills through the legislature this year.
Congratulations again for helping drive this victory!
None Are Safe from the State’s Plundering Parasites.
Travelers aren’t free from such potentially lethal harassment if they use routes deep within the country’s interior. Multi-jurisdictional task forces called Visual Intermodal Prevention and Response (VIPR) teams swarm bus and train stations, and even conduct highway checkpoints.
As the redoubtable James Bovard points out, the attitude of our rulers toward travelers “is best summarized by the motto posted at the headquarters of the TSA air marshal training center: `Dominate. Intimidate. Control.’”
Whatever their native tongue, totalitarians from every culture speak the same language.
General example of “playing the system”
For a guy and his girlfriend with two kids
Follow these proven steps.
1. Don’t get married to her.
2. Always use your mom’s address to get mail.
3. The guy buys a house.
4. Guy rents out house to his girlfriend who has 2 of his kids.
5. Section 8 will pay 900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn’t have to pay for family insurance.
7. Girlfriend gets to go to college for free being a single mother.
8. Girlfriend gets 600 a month for food stamps.
9. Girlfriend gets free cell phone.
10. Girlfriend get free utilities.
11. Guy moves into home but continues to use moms house to get mail sent to.
12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims one kid on taxes. Now you both get to claim head of house hold at $1800 credit.
13. Girlfriend gets disability for being “crazy” or having a “bad back” at $1800 a month and never has to work again.
This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people.
A married couple with a stay at home mom yields $0 dollars.
An unmarried couple with stay at home mom nets:
21600 disability +
10800 free housing +
6000 free obamacare +
6000 free food +
4800 free utilities +
6000 pell grant money to spend +
12000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant +
8800 tax benefit for being a single mother =
75,000 a year in benefits
Any idea why the country is 18 + trillion in debt.
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds" (2 Cor 10:3-5).
Jerry had grown up with a father who was a successful workaholic. Although he lacked for nothing materially, he never sensed much warmth or compassion from his parents. Then, when Jerry was still in his early teens, his father died very suddenly. His large family was left with little support, and insecurity and fear became the dominating factors in the young man’s life. Vowing to himself that he would never lack financial need again, Jerry worked hard at his business. A stronghold of idolatry brought reliance on the wealth he had accumulated rather than a prayerful dependency on God.
Arguments over money dominated his marriage. Distrust and greed permeated his home and business relationships. No one could "stand in his face" and tell him what to do. Finally, as his marriage disintegrated and his business gave signs of going under, Jerry renounced the strongholds of insecurity and fear that had made money his idol and had shaped his disbelieving view of God’s ability to meet his need.
As the Holy Spirit brought conviction of the sins he had committed against so many people, he purposed to approach each one to seek forgiveness and make restitution wherever appropriate. His priorities shifted to God and family, then to close friends and business. God began to restore balance and intimacy with God and others as a result.
God created human beings with seven primary needs as represented in Genesis 1&2. Each of us has a need for:
3. Blessing & Provision
5. Purpose & Meaning
6. Freedom & Boundary
7. Intimate Love & Companionship
Whenever we seek to meet one or more of these basic needs outside God’s design we have set the stage for the development of a generational stronghold. As in the case of Jerry, who in this case is the author, he needed to discover the needs he was attempting to meet through a demonic stronghold of insecurity and fear.
Generational strongholds can impact our relationship with God and others. Today, why not begin to investigate root issues that may be impacting you or your family.
Feeding on the wrong bread
For reading & meditation: Hebrews 10:1-18
"’ I have come to do your will, O God."(v.7) We continue looking at Christ’s temptation in the desert, but from a slightly different perspective. We are seeing how the temptation was designed to keep Him from identifying Himself with the sons of men. We saw yesterday how, He withdrew from men in order that He might give Himself to men. The issue was not so much whether He was the Son of God – He had heard that confirmed quite clearly at His baptism – but whether, being the Son of God, He would also be the Son of Man. Once Jesus feels that His period of fasting is over, He prepares to return to feed His weakened body, but the tempter intervenes and tempts Him to turn the stones of the desert into bread. In doing this, is he really saying to Jesus: "Why go back to men? Stay here and feed Yourself. You are the Son of God, isn’t that enough"? We cannot be sure, of course, but seen in this light, it is a possibility. In all spiritual work, there is always the temptation to withdraw, to feed ourselves apart, to rejoice in the fact that we are sons of God and feast upon it. Many Christians down the ages have fallen for this, and have opted for an "escape mentality" in which they attempt to avoid the issue of death via a cross by isolating themselves from it. Mark this and mark it well: a similar temptation will come to you – the temptation to avoid the challenge of going down into the death of your self-life, by focusing on the fact that you are already a son of God, and that there is no need for any further humiliation or pain.
Gracious and loving heavenly Father, help me, as You did Your Son, to resist every temptation that tries to keep me from coming to grips with my own personal Calvary. Abide with me, and then I can abide with anything. Amen.
For further study:
Ephesians 1; Genesis 3:15; John 16:33; 1 John 3:8
1. How did Jesus destroy the Devil’s works?
2. How can we overcome the Devil’s works?