Urge President Trump to Rein in the ATF!
1. Click on the Take Action button to urge President Donald Trump to prevent the ATF from using the Las Vegas shooting to impose new gun control restrictions.
2. And follow up your email with a phone call to the President at (202) 456-1111 to let him know that Americans stand behind him in opposing ALL 2A restrictions.
Not a GOA member yet? Join or contribute to Gun Owners of America today and Double Your Dollars, at no extra cost to you, because of a generous matching fund set up by a GOA Life Member.
I just sent a letter to President Trump.
The Las Vegas shooting has spawned a feeding frenzy among the political left.
And in response, some Republicans are asking the President to use the ATF to impose gun control.
This is the reason that I wrote the President.
I wanted him to know that there are millions of gun owners in this country — Americans who are members of his base — who do NOT support the infringements that have been proposed by the political left.
The leaders of the anti-gun left couldn’t be happier right now.
They know what they are doing.
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has already stated that “I certainly hope” a ban on bump stocks will lead to further gun restrictions.
They understand that saying “yes” to one infringement will eventually lead to more encroachments upon the liberties protected by the Second Amendment.
And that’s the chief reason why we cannot compromise.
As I sit here at my desk, typing this letter to you, I was reminded of the famous quote from the Rev. Martin Niemöller, a Holocaust survivor:
First, they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out — because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out — because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out —
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me — and there was no one left to speak for me.
If we don’t speak up against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to oppose the next infringements that come down the pike.
So here’s what I told President Donald Trump:
1) Banning bump stocks by regulation would be illegal and unconstitutional;
2) Proposed legislative language to outlaw bump stocks would also ban detachable magazines — and it is hard to imagine that regulations would not do the same; and,
3) Politically speaking, there would be tremendous danger in pursuing Second Amendment infringements, because the intensity factor on gun issues lies with protecting the Second Amendment.
You can read a lengthier explanation about the above three points in the web version of this email.
So here is where your assistance comes in.
I need you to help back up what I’ve said.
Please contact President Trump and let him know that grassroots gun owners OPPOSE any and all Second Amendment infringements.
Can I count on your help?
If so, please send your email immediately and then follow it with a phone call to double your impact.