It’s Friday and the legislature is adjourned until Monday, so we generally do not expect any new bills or developments today.
Here’s what happened yesterday:
- The anti-gun leadership in the Minnesota House filed their first two gun control bills of the year – the same two they announced yesterday.
- Political Director Rob Doar reviewed the bills in a couple of videos on Facebook Live that go into more detail about what’s in the bills.
- We expect to see more gun control bills next week.
TODAY’S DAILY ACTION
Today’s daily action is to work to stop Universal Gun Registration Legislation. Today’s actions should take you no more than 3-5 minutes.
- FIRST, SIGN OUR PETITION TO STOP UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION LEGISLATION: Sign our new petition to tell lawmakers to STOP UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION legislation (HF8).
- THEN TELL YOUR LAWMAKERS TO OPPOSE UNIVERSAL GUN REGISTRATION LEGISLATION: Use our new Action Center to quickly send a message to your State Senator and Representative telling them to oppose the “Universal Background Check” legislation.
- Send an e-mail through our action center
- Then give your lawmakers a call using the call/phone tab in our action center
- Finally, if you’re on Twitter, send a tweet at your legislators telling them to oppose this onerous legislation.