The 44-page report released by Republican Gov. Rick Scott’s office said people have a right to feel safe and secure
The memo says the ban would have little impact – especially if the many people who already have assault weapons and high-capacity magazines are allowed to keep them – because assault weapons account for a small number of gun deaths. And it says the usefulness of background checks would depend in part on “requiring gun registration,” something the president has shied away from in the face of bitter opposition from gun-rights advocates.
Second on my list of “What did you just say?” is this is advice the University of Colorado gives to women to repel attackers. Check it out:
1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
Really? Wiccans have Chaplains, let alone need one for those in prisons? Like that is a growing segment of Kalifornistan’s prison population?
A 2007 Corrections survey found 183 Wiccan inmates — compared with 42,666 Protestant, 28,884 Muslim, 23,160 Catholic, 8,296 Native American and 2,678 Jewish inmates.
Another hearing? Why?
Because you think another will change people’s minds? Because you have kicked the bee hive(Freedom) and suddenly realize all those peaceful HoneyBbees making ‘honey’ for the Government(Taxes.) Have turned into ‘African Bees’ and they are pissed off?
You should have thought of that before your knee jerk reactions.
Dianne Feinstein Is Scheduling Another Senate Gun-Confiscation Hearing… And This Time Around, She’s Not Going To Allow Pesky Pro-Second Amendment People, Like You, Spoil Her Party.
The Washington Times reported that Senator Feinstein was apparently “unhappy with the list of witnesses” who testified at the last hearing and “says she plans to hold a separate hearing with witnesses more inclined to back gun control.”
Why hold another hearing…? The answer is simple. The American people are winning the battle to stop Feinstein and Barack Obama from eradicating the Second Amendment, but they believe that they can win if they simply change the national dialogue by stifling any and all voices of dissent.
Oh yes… she’ll hold her new hearing… she’ll stifle any voice of opposition… and she believes her lackeys in the media will give her the political cover she needs to trample on your God-given Constitutional rights.