It seems there are people at work in the government and the euphemistic gun-control movement who have figured out if they can’t disarm the public — because the public will not stand for it and put up intense opposition — they can subarm the public (that’s you) a little at a time. If you’re subarmed, and they’re fully armed, that’s pretty much victory for them and a shift in control.
Guns and freedom come together or they go together.
- Actor Vince Vaughn: Bearing Arms Is For Abusive Government – 2015-06-02 06:53:43-04
Actor Vince Vaughn–Old School, Wedding Crashers, True Detective–told British GQ magazine that Americans ultimately have the right to bear arms in order to resist “the supreme power of a corrupt and abusive government.” In the same sitting he explained that the right to bear arms is an individual right and that banning guns from schools Continue reading here…
- 70 Year Old Homeowner Shoots Invader – 2015-06-02 07:05:07-04
Around 2a.m. on Sunday morning the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a burglary where shots were fired at a home off Happy Hill Road in Kingsport. When deputies arrived, the 70-year old homeowner said he woke up to someone shining a light in his bedroom window. He then observed a man standing outside, who Continue reading here…
- New York Mets Dress Like Inmates To Promote Gun Control – 2015-06-03 06:52:32-04
The Mets posed in orange for a photo tweeted out on Tuesday in support of “Gun Violence Awareness Day,” which is sponsored by Michael Bloomberg’s “Everytown for Gun Safety.” The New York Mets became the first pro sports franchise to join the campaign and will today release a photo of the entire team wearing orange Continue reading here…
- Democrats Introduce Legislation To Outlaw All Handgun Sales – 2015-06-03 07:03:35-04
Using the astroturf “gun violence awareness day” as a platform to launch their latest attack on guns and gun owners, Democrats today introduced two new bills that would severely restrict and possibly eliminate the ability for Americans to purchase firearms. The two bills in question are the “Handgun Trigger Safety Act,” which would require that Continue reading here…
- Investigation Finds White Males Are Victims of Police Shootings More Than Black Males, Almost 2:1 – 2015-06-03 15:08:25-04
In the wake of country-wide protests in the aftermath of police shootings, the Washington Post has begun an investigation into police accountability across America. A specific component in the study is police shootings, the majority of which have been proven to be in self-defense. But the numbers don’t exactly line up with the rhetoric we Continue reading here…
- Robbery Ring Exposed After Thief Was Fatally Shot By Homeowner – 2015-06-04 06:51:30-04
This homeowner thought the man outside his home was trying to rob him, and he wasn’t wrong. Police in Berks County say a homeowner shot a man he correctly surmised was trying to rob him. On Monday, police responded to 12 Long Lane in Boyertown for reports of a man shot to death. At the Continue reading here…
- Gun Control Group Holding “Unbiased” Seminar On How To Cover Gun News – 2015-06-04 07:03:42-04
Columbia University would never sponsor an event funded by the National Rifle Association. What’s more, the idea would seem especially outlandish if most of the speakers at the event were NRA supporters. Yet, gun control advocate and former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and his gun control group Everytown are now funding a two-day Continue reading here…
- Detroit Woman with CCW Permit Uses .357 to Fight Back 3 Carjackers – 2015-06-04 13:48:10-04
“Residents of the city need to come together and take back this city from the thugs”, said the Detroit woman who had just fired shots at two would-be carjackers. (Video below) The woman known as C.C. was not afraid to defend herself when 3 men masked with hoods tried to take her vehicle and demanded Continue reading here…
- NAACP Outright Refuses to Help Black Man in Fight Over Legally Owned Firearm – 2015-06-04 14:46:15-04
“Basically, like, I’m not getting shot by a police officer so they’re not going to come out and defend me,” said Steffon Josey-Davis, a black man who had aspired to be a police officer himself before getting into a legal fight over his firearm. (VIDEO of story below article) The NAACP has refused to help Continue reading here…
- D.C. Police, “We’ve Stopped Denying Gun Carry Applications” – 2015-06-05 09:48:45-04
The District of Columbia Police Department said on Monday it has not issued any gun-carry permit denials since a federal judge ruled the city’s requirement that applicants show a special need to carry a firearm unconstitutional. “Since the injunction was issued, we have not issued any denials of applications,” D.C. Police spokesman Lieutenant Sean Conboy Continue reading here…
House Republicans Push Back Against Obama
Not a GOA member yet? For a mere $20, you can join Gun Owners of America!
This prompted a Fox News discussion this week, where GOA Executive Director Larry Pratt debated an anti-gun (Bloomberg) spokesman. You can view that debate here.
Gun Owners of America will continue to update you about what is happening with this new ground assault being leveled by the Obama administration.
But first, we wanted to alert you to the counter-offensive that House Republicans are waging against Obama’s gun control agenda.
Kudos to Reps. Buck, Gosar, Massie and others
Several Republican Representatives in the House went to bat for gun owners this week and have successfully added good amendments to a “must pass” appropriations bill.
Consider these pro-gun amendments that have been added to the Commerce-Justice-State appropriations bill (H.R. 2578):
(1) Restoration of Rights. The House of Representatives adopted a GOA-backed amendment on Tuesday, offered by Congressman Ken Buck (R-CO), which would allow persons stripped of their constitutional Second Amendment rights to petition for a restoration of their rights. Click here to read more.
(2) Blocking Obama ammo bans. The adoption of three GOA-supported ammo amendments will prohibit the DOJ from banning M855 or 7N6 ammunition ban. Click here to read more about the Hudson, Massie and Gosar amendments.
(3) Pulling the plug on Operation Choke Point. The House adopted an important GOA-backed amendment that “defunds” the Choke Point program which the Obama Administration has used to try and squeeze gun companies out of business. Click here to read more about the Luetkemeyer amendment.
(4) Nixing ATF racism. Rep. Diane Black’s GOA-supported amendment to prohibit gun forms from asking about the race of the purchaser was adopted by voice vote. Click here to read more.
(5) Punishing the Department of Justice. Rep. Gosar successfully added several amendments to cut the budget of the DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Click here to read more.
(6) Banning UN gun control, Fast & Furious, and more. In addition to the above pro-gun amendments that were passed this week, the original CJS bill (H.R. 2578) already includes several riders pushed by GOA. Click here to read more.
Stay tuned for additional updates, including a report on Obama’s most recent gun control offensive.
Speaking at a fifteen thousand a dollar plate fund-raiser in Washington D.C. Hillary Clinton laid out her vision of a Clinton presidency to a group of potential backers drawn from the ranks of America’s most powerful liberal elite. Among the laundry list of liberal policy prescriptions and agendas discussed came Clinton’s proclamation that firearm violence, and more specifically firearm control, will be the foremost domestic priority of her first term in office.
Because they cannot turn you into the serf they want to control completely if you have the ability to resist…
In 1993, then-First Lady Clinton told Congress (at 2:00:30 in the video), she was “all for” a 25 percent tax on handguns and “automatic weapons.”
In 2000, campaigning for election to the U.S. Senate, Clinton boasted, “I’m the only candidate in this race who supports federal legislation to license handgun owners and register handguns.” She opposed Right-to-Carry laws and supported ballistic “fingerprinting,” lawsuits against firearm manufacturers, a ban on compact handguns, rationing of handgun purchases, banning the possession of handguns by adults under age 21, and empowering the Consumer Products Safety Commission to dictate the design of firearms, which gun control supporters have longed viewed as a way to have handguns banned altogether.
- Prohibit any government agency from confiscating or regulating the lawful possession, carrying, transfer, transportation and defensive use of firearms or ammunition during a state of emergency, like the actions that occurred in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Align Minnesota with more than 40 states that have conformed their statutes to federal law so that their residents can purchase rifles and shotguns in non-contiguous states, provided that the purchase or transfer complies with state and federal law.
- Modify the Capitol Carry Notification provision. Current statute allows permit holders to carry on the capitol complex as long as permit holders “notify the sheriff or the commissioner of public safety, as appropriate.” This legislation would update and clarify the statute to provide that application for a permit constitutes “notification,” as required.
- Provide a language change to help resolve carry permit reciprocity issues.
- Legalize ownership and possession of firearm sound suppressors. Currently illegal to own under Minnesota law, suppressors are legal to own under federal law and in 39 states.
- Create a “shall sign” provision, requiring that certification by a chief law enforcement officer (CLEO), when a sign-off is required for the transfer of a firearm or other item regulated by the National Firearms Act (“NFA”), be provided within 15 days as long as the applicant is not prohibited by law from receiving it. Under current law, a CLEO may refuse to sign off for any reason, including their own personal feelings toward NFA-related items, which has created issues for law-abiding citizens.