Florida homeowner shoots, kills pair of armed intruders holding his mom hostage
A dramatic 911 call tells the tale of a Brevard County, Florida man who faced down a pair of intruders. The two goblins pointed a gun at the resident’s mother in her own bedroom. In a nutshell, they thought holding momma hostage would motivate the resident to surrendering. It didn’t quite work out that way as the….
WARNING: Democrats Rushing To Vote To CRIMINALIZE Private Gun Sales!
House Democrats plan to move legislation criminalizing private gun sales out of committee and get it to the floor for a vote this week. On January 8, Breitbart News reported that House Democrats introduced the legislation, dubbed H.R………..
Smith & Wesson Report Sure To Upset Anti-Second Amendment Shareholders
A while back, a group of activists bought shares of Smith & Wesson to try and force the company into what they saw as a more socially responsible direction. Of course, that’s all a bunch of male bovine excrement, but what else do we expect from anti-gunners? What they accomplished was to push the …………….
Gun Confiscations Spike Thanks To ‘Red Flag Laws’
Red flag laws picked up steam following the Parkland massacre. For better or worse, people saw all the warning signs that the killer was showing before committing that atrocity and, through the lens of hindsight, decided that we needed to do something to prevent such a mass shooting from happening…………
Lawmakers Once Again Push for Concealed Carry Reciprocity
Lawmakers are pushing for new legislation to increase the power of a concealed carry permit.
Washington: Senate Committee Hearing Rescheduled for Legislation to Expand Gun-Free Zones
On February 14th, the Washington state Senate Committee on Law & Justice will be hearing Senate Bill 5434 that would expand arbitrary zones where law-abiding citizens are left defenseless while nothing is done to hinder criminals. Originally scheduled to be heard on February 11th, inclement weather ……
Despite guns and schools debate, participation on high school rifle teams is increasing..
Some of those popping sounds are Liberal’s heads exploding!!
Urge Your Senators to Oppose William Barr for Attorney General
The Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to vote next week on the Attorney General nominee William Barr.
Unfortunately, Barr’s answers to Senators’ questions during a hearing earlier this month showed that he holds a very anti-gun bias.
And after the hearing, several Senators submitted written questions to him — looking for clarification on many issues (including guns).
Sadly, Barr either doubled down in his support for gun control or refused to answer important questions — such as whether he supports concealed carry reciprocity.
So it’s now doubly clear that Barr will be no friend to gun owners should he assume the office of Attorney General.
Here are just some of Barr’s answers in writing:
- Barr supports Gun Confiscation Orders: “… it is critical that we get an effective system in place that keeps firearms out of the hands of mentally ill people… A key part of any such system are laws that allow ‘Extreme Risk Protection Orders’ [aka Gun Confiscation Orders].” (Barr answer to Sen. Cornyn Question #1.)
- Barr explains why he could still support the semi-auto and magazine bans that he supported in 1991: “I would look for … whether [the] burden [of a gun-control measure] has a sufficiently meaningful impact on crime to justify burdening a fundamental right…” (Barr answer to Sen. Kennedy Question #3.)
- Barr could possibly support the elimination of the 3-day period for completing a NICS check — thereby allowing the FBI to block a purchase forever, without knowing if the individual was a prohibited person: “I also have not studied whether changes to the three-day waiting period are advisable. If confirmed, I will review this issue along with other issues affecting public safety.” (Barr answer to Sen. Feinstein Question #43.)
- Barr refuses to answer whether he believes concealed carry reciprocity legislation is constitutional: “I … am not currently in a position to opine…. The question of whether the Second Amendment, or any other provision of the Constitution, would require one state to recognize another’s concealed carry permit is one I have not considered.” (Barr answer to Sen. Feinstein Question #44.)
- Barr punts on whether a federal ban on bump stocks (which would also affect semi-autos) would be legal: “I would be pleased to review any legislation on this issue.” (Barr answer to Sen. Feinstein Question #45.)
- Barr supports the Lautenberg misdemeanor gun ban, which takes guns away from people who engaged in shouting matches in the home: “I look forward to working with you and the Committee on this important issue.” (Barr answer to Sen. Feinstein Question #46.)
So there you have it. Barr is not backing down. He would be a disaster for the Second Amendment.
Again, the Senate Judiciary Committee will be voting next week on his nomination.
It is likely that most Democrats will oppose him. But many Republican Senators are wary of going against Trump on this nomination.
So the only hope of swaying them is to convince them that YOU — their constituent — pick up the phone and let them know that you are 100% opposed to this nomination.
Not much of a chance..
Not with Walz as an anti gun Governor and the Minnesota house filled with anti gun legislators…
Permission not Required: “Constitutional Carry” Bill Filed in Minnesota
Last Thursday was Gun Owners Lobby Day at the Minnesota State Capitol.
Hundreds of you turned out to address your concerns with your lawmakers about the anti-gun DFL agenda in Saint Paul.
Speaker Melissa Hortman and Majority Leader Ryan Winkler weren’t interested in what any of you had to say about their gun control agenda.
Instead of welcoming hundreds of law-abiding gun owners from across the state, Speaker Hortman, Leader Winkler, and the rest of the House DFL caucus sent out a press release decrying our stance against their “common sense” and “reasonable” gun control measure.
Remember, it’s the Minnesota DFL that has proposed HF 8, a “criminal background check” bill, that contains many onerous gun control measures, such as one gun per month, universal gun registration, and other measures; and HF 9, a “red flag gun confiscation” bill, that would allow police to work with a judge in an ex-parte hearing at which the gun owner is not present in order to obtain a court order to seize firearms from an otherwise law-abiding gun owner.
Rather than take the opportunity to learn why so many Minnesotans oppose this radical gun control legislation, Speaker Hortman and Majority Leader Winkler chose instead to go on the attack against Minnesota’s more than 2.5 million law-abiding gun owners.
They both should apologize for their ridiculous attack!
TODAY’S DAILY ACTION
Today’s daily action is to tell Speaker Hortman and Rep. Winkler to apologize for attacking Minnesota Gun Owners.
Why The Second Amendment Should Be Considered A National Treasure
There are those who believe that the Second Amendment is an antiquated and outdated relic of an era long since gone. After all, the Founding Fathers were just a bunch of rich men. Who cares what they thought, right? Unfortunately……………..
Charges Dismissed in New York Gun Case
A level of justice has been done in this case, but New York enforcers and prosecutors will continue acting like the sword is reserved for them. U.S.A. – -( Ammoland.com )-All gun charges against a New York man have been dismissed, the County of Westchester Court ordered Jan. 18. Judge George E……
Stop the Assault!
A coalition of freedom-loving patriots have organized a campaign that gun owners across the country should take part in.
The “Stop the Assault” campaign is a national effort to urge Second Amendment supporters to mail very personalized, hand-written notes to their local, state and federal officials on February 1st, urging them to stand firm on the right to bear arms.
You can take part in five easy steps:
1. Find your elected officials — click here and then enter your zip code in the right column)!
2. Download the “Stop the Assault” campaign letter and print copies for each official.
3. Fill out the spaces for your elected official’s name, your name, e-mail address, and any personal message that you might want to convey. Please keep your message concise and professional. Also fill out the “To” and “From” fields on the reserve side of the document.
Here is some suggested text for you to use as a springboard for your message:
Dear [elected official],
I urge you to reject all gun control — whether it’s Red Flag Gun Confiscation Orders or Universal Background Checks or semi-auto bans. Honest citizens should not have their rights stripped because of what a crazed killer might do. Please stop the assault on our liberties!
4. Fold the letter on the dotted lines, seal it with a piece of tape (do not staple), then affix a USPS “forever” rate first class stamp in the space provided.
5. Drop the letters in the mail on February 1st, 2019 on National Freedom Day!
Again, please take part in this national campaign — our freedoms are worth standing up for!