Adding to yesterday’s committee amendment fun and games in the Minnesota Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing yesterday, where anti-gun Senator Ron Latz attempted to amend gun control onto an unrelated DWI bill.
We expect these games to continue today when Rep. Jim Davnie attempts to amend gun control onto an unrelated school safety bill in the House Education Finance Committee Meeting – and in the Senate, a similar effort may happen in the E-12 Finance Committee Meeting.
These are the sorts of amendment and rules games that we can expect from the hardcore anti-gun DFLers from the Metro, who will stop at nothing to try and pass their ridiculous gun control measures.
Today’s daily action is simple: Call & e-mail education finance committee members in both houses to not pollute school safety measures with contentious gun control measures.
Warning: These are big committees. Start making calls early – but it’s critical that they hear from us this morning.
ACTIONS TO TAKE TODAY:
- Call Members of the House Education Finance Committee – then follow-up with a brief e-mail. Tell them to stand strong in the face of gun control amendments today – and not to pollute school safety measures with contentious gun control amendments.
- Rep. Jenifer Loon, 651-296-7449, email@example.com
- Rep. Peggy Bennett, 651-296-8216, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Jim Davnie, 651-296-0173, email@example.com
- Rep. Davnie is expected to bring the amendment today. Focus extra attention on him.
- Rep. Dario Anselmo, 651-296-4363, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Anselmo has signed onto various gun control measures and faces a tight re-election bid. Point out how important this issue is to gun owners – even in his district in Edina.
- Rep. Sondra Erickson, 651-296-6746, email@example.com
- Rep. Tony Jurgens, 651-296-3135, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Ron Kresha, 651-296-4247, email@example.com
- Rep. Carlos Mariani, 651-296-9714, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Paul Marquart, 651-296-6829, email@example.com
- Rep. Rena Moran, 651-296-5158, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Mary Murphy, 651-296-2676, email@example.com
- Rep. Bud Nornes, 651-296-4946, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Roz Peterson, 651-296-5387, email@example.com
- Rep. John Poston, 651-296-4293, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Julie Sandstede, 651-296-0172, email@example.com
- Rep. Peggy Scott, 651-296-4231, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Linda Slocum, 651-296-7158, email@example.com
- Rep. Dennis Smith, 651-296-5502, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Tama Theis, 651-296-6316, email@example.com
- Rep. Paul Thissen, 651-296-5375, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Anna Wills, 651-296-4306, email@example.com
- Call Members of the Senate E-12 Finance Committee – then follow-up with a brief e-mail. Tell them to stand strong in the face of potential gun control amendments today – and not to pollute school safety measures with contentious gun control amendments.
- Senator Carla Nelson, 651-296-4848, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator Gary Dahms, 651-296-8138, email@example.com
- Senator Charles Wiger, 651-296-6820, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Paul Anderson, 651-296-9261, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Roger Chamberlain, 651-296-1253, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Justin Eichorn, 651-296-7079, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Eric Pratt, 651-296-4123, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senator David Tomassoni, 651-296-8017, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Patricia Torres Ray, 651-296-4274, Link to e-mail form
- Senator Melissa Wiklund, 651-297-8061, email@example.com
WE CANNOT LET UP ON THE PRESSURE – NOT FOR A SINGLE MINUTE