Will Sen. McConnell force the ATF to cry “uncle” on the AR-15 Ammo Ban?
Not a GOA member yet? Make sure to join Gun Owners of America!
ACTION: Contact both of your Senators, and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, as well. Ask them to hold up the Loretta Lynch nomination, particularly if the ATF continues its crusade to wage war on AR-15’s by banning common ammunition, such as SS109 and M855 ammo.
The “Ball” is now in McConnell’s Court
The Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to advance, on Wednesday, the nomination of Loretta Lynch to be Attorney General.
This, of course, comes roughly a week since the ATF announced its intention to ban common “green tip” AR-15 ammunition.
Once the nomination is voted out of committee, it goes to the full Senate. But whether she gets a vote in the full chamber is entirely up to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
As a tactical matter, Gun Owners of America is encouraging the Senate to postpone any vote on the Attorney General nominee. After all, this is what we’re dealing with:
* Loretta Lynch is a protégé of anti-gun New York Senator Chuck Schumer;
* Lynch has made it clear that she would continue to enforce Barack Obama’s unlawful amnesty “executive actions” (which would, ultimately, add 8 million anti-gun voters to the rolls);
* Lynch was asked about the Justice Department’s efforts to eradicate the Second Amendment by cutting off credit under Operation Choke Point — and she feigned ignorance;
* Lynch is expected to continue every unlawful anti-gun action by Holder, including the pending effort to demonize AR-15’s by banning certain AR-15 ammunition;
* There is no evidence that Lynch is less anti-gun than the current Attorney General Eric Holder — and her public record has gained Lynch the well-deserved nickname “Holder in a skirt”; and,
* Unlike Holder, Lynch is being groomed to fill the Kennedy or Scalia seat on the Supreme Court, resulting in the reversal of the pro-gun rulings in the Heller and McDonald cases.
Barack Obama is demanding that the Senate confirm Loretta Lynch. At the same time, he is working to utterly humiliate, debase, and demolish Senate Republicans in connection with their simple pleas that “they deserve a vote” with respect to Obama’s illegal immigration policies — a vote which is being blocked by a Harry Reid filibuster.
Make no mistake about it: Obama is nothing more than a school-yard bully. The law and the Constitution are no impediment to him, and his “gang” of liberal media elites will mercilessly beat up anyone who dares to challenge his lawless exercise of authority.
The ability to hold up the Lynch nomination is one of the few tools Republicans have in their tool shed to resist Obama’s lawless actions. It is one of the few levers we have to force the ATF to step back from its efforts to effectively outlaw AR-15’s by outlawing common AR-15 ammunition.
So why would any Republican support Lynch’s nomination, while the Justice Department continues to push its unlawful gun control? Well, Orrin Hatch points to the fact that the confirmation of Lynch would send Eric Holder packing.
The problem is this: After being cited for contempt of Congress, Holder is “yesterday’s news.” He’s not going to be confirmed to the Supreme Court. He’s not going to cast the deciding vote to overturn Heller and McDonald. And he’s not going to be confirmed for another Cabinet appointment.
Not so with Lynch. This is the beginning of her anti-gun crusade, not the end.
1. Contact Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Ask him to hold up the Lynch nomination, particularly if the ATF continues its crusade to wage war on AR-15’s by banning common AR-15 ammunition, such as SS109 and M855 ammo.
Phone for Mitch McConnell: 502-582-6304
2. Contact your Senators. Click on this link here to urge your Senators to back up the Majority Leader in saying NO to Loretta Lynch.