Is proud of this!!!
Minnesota Ranked As Least Tax-Friendly State In US…
As for the 10 least tax-friendly states, Minnesota tops the list. Following Minnesota is Maryland, New York, Illinois, Maine, Vermont, Hawaii, California, New Jersey and Connecticut.
As for Minnesota, Kiplinger says the state hits hard with its income tax.
“It added a new top income tax rate of 9.85% in 2013. But what makes Minnesota really stand out is that its lowest income tax rate is 5.35%,” the finance website said.
DFL used to stand for Democrat-Farmer-Labor party…
What a joke…
Dumb F__king LIEberal party is a better description of them today…
Or threaten to do if elected…
And that’s one big reason to never vote for them…
These Blue States Have Tried the Elizabeth Warren Model.
Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren recently appeared on one of the late night talk shows, beating the class warfare drum and arguing for billions of dollars in new social programs paid for with higher taxes on millionaires and billionaires. In recent years, though, blue states such as California, Illinois, Delaware, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland and Minnesota adopted this very strategy, and they raised taxes on their wealthy residents. How did it work out? Almost all of these states lag behind the national average in growth of jobs and incomes.
Political Gimmicks and Agency Reports
Anatomy of the Democrats’ Broken Promise on Property Tax Cuts
Gov. Dayton and the Democrats sent local governments $292 million in new state aids and promised property taxes would go down statewide as a result.
The statewide property tax levy went up $125 million to the highest level in state history to support local government spending increases.
Conjure up a simulated reporting scenario that shows property taxes going down!
Look at Property Taxes Where You Live!
Only 1 out of 7 cities, counties and townships lowered property taxes, and almost half of all school districts raised property taxes.
- 74 out of 87 counties either raised property taxes or kept them flat (85%).
- 731 out of 853 cities either raised property taxes or kept them flat (86%).
- 1646 out of 1911 townships either raised property taxes or kept them flat (86%).
- 151 out of 331 school districts either raised property taxes or kept them flat (46%).
(Click here to see what happened where you live)
But Democrats Still Claim Property Taxes Declined. What Gives?
Democrats created some slick messaging and reporting to convince the public of their property tax “reduction”.
1. They refer to property tax reductions for certain types of properties only, while forgetting to mention that 8 out of 12 property types increased. (Click here for the 2013 vs 2014 comparison report from the non-partisan Senate Research staff)
2. They advertise only certain cherry-picked jurisdictions where taxes went down, but forget to mention any of the 86% of jurisdictions statewide where property taxes did not go down. (Click here for Full Report by taxing jurisdiction)
3. They requested a “Simulation Report” from the Department of Revenue to show property taxes collected by local governments minus the estimated state credits that are projected to be claimed. In the arcane world of state agency reporting, the distinction of a “Simulation Report” is important. Rather than relying on the actual reported property tax levies from local governments in the traditional state agency report formats included above, Democrats needed a one-off simulated scenario relying on projections of state credits to create a scenario they could present to the public to show a “reduction” in property taxes. And they included in the state credits an offset of the estimated renters credit, which does not go the actual property tax payer.
So Why Not Just Say What Actually Happened?
Gov. Dayton and the Democrats made a promise they could not keep.
They passed significant funding increases to local governments in their budget last year, promising it would lower taxes. Then they doubled down in a July 30, 2013 press conference where they promised property taxes would go down $121 million. And even using their own “new” math by simulating projected estimates of state credits, they were $113 million off of their July promise. And all that after spending $292 million on local governments to achieve it.
With an election coming up, it is no surprise that Democrats would try to find some way to spin it.
Ideas That Work!
In contrast, the Republican budget produced a better result for property taxpayers in 2013. Despite DFL attempts to buy down property taxes in 2014, the statewide property tax levy actually increased $4 million more than under the Republican’s budget in 2013.
Republicans know that property taxes are controlled at the local level by city councils, county commissioners and school boards. Controlling local government spending and making sure that those local spending decisions are transparent to taxpayers is the solution.
A list of anti gun celebs, whom use guns and violence in their Movies, and would not have a career to speak of without doing so..
Lucky they missed…
Problem would have been solved at that point!!
What a damn RINO!!!
You don’t deserve to be President…
So how about we remove your commie ass as soon as possible…
It is a tax..lots of taxes…
Pissant wannabe DICKtator…
We have a tyrant in the White House. His level of bullying, lying, spying, distorting, manipulating, intimidating, demonizing and using propaganda to cram his policies down our throats is unlike any President in history. His name is Barack Obama. More »
What people say…
A couple to get you started…
10 – You can rack this one much faster -as the sales person racks the slide on a Taurus 709 violently demonstrating the racking capability to a 65 year old elderly lady
9 – This clip is smaller so it won’t weigh as much – There is so much wrong with this statement – well actually 2 things – 1 while technically the “clip” will weigh less since it holds less, I wouldn’t say less bullets is a selling point for a self defense gun and 2 – its a f#*%^ing MAGAZINE!!!!!
The old saying used to be, “the only things certain in life are death and taxes.” Not any more. Now it should say, “the only things certain in life are death, taxes and regulations,”—specifically Federal government regulations. The American…
False flags? Misdirection? Taking another tack to control guns? Our Rights? Our Freedoms? Will we all be declared ‘crazy’?
If you never thought this wouldn’t happen…You were really being naive..
Quit using that word ‘free’ Obama! Someone is paying for that! We know you aren’t!! But the taxpayers are your damn fool!!
Apparently Obama has found those military officers whom are willing to shoot Americans…I hope he realizes some will shoot back…And with 80,000,000 plus gun owners, maybe more then a few!!
Should not be a surprise. You can only slaughter, murder, abuse people for so long before they decide enough is enough and bring it.
Obama would be wise to realize this..