House Republicans Push Back Against Obama
Not a GOA member yet? For a mere $20, you can join Gun Owners of America!
This prompted a Fox News discussion this week, where GOA Executive Director Larry Pratt debated an anti-gun (Bloomberg) spokesman. You can view that debate here.
Gun Owners of America will continue to update you about what is happening with this new ground assault being leveled by the Obama administration.
But first, we wanted to alert you to the counter-offensive that House Republicans are waging against Obama’s gun control agenda.
Kudos to Reps. Buck, Gosar, Massie and others
Several Republican Representatives in the House went to bat for gun owners this week and have successfully added good amendments to a “must pass” appropriations bill.
Consider these pro-gun amendments that have been added to the Commerce-Justice-State appropriations bill (H.R. 2578):
(1) Restoration of Rights. The House of Representatives adopted a GOA-backed amendment on Tuesday, offered by Congressman Ken Buck (R-CO), which would allow persons stripped of their constitutional Second Amendment rights to petition for a restoration of their rights. Click here to read more.
(2) Blocking Obama ammo bans. The adoption of three GOA-supported ammo amendments will prohibit the DOJ from banning M855 or 7N6 ammunition ban. Click here to read more about the Hudson, Massie and Gosar amendments.
(3) Pulling the plug on Operation Choke Point. The House adopted an important GOA-backed amendment that “defunds” the Choke Point program which the Obama Administration has used to try and squeeze gun companies out of business. Click here to read more about the Luetkemeyer amendment.
(4) Nixing ATF racism. Rep. Diane Black’s GOA-supported amendment to prohibit gun forms from asking about the race of the purchaser was adopted by voice vote. Click here to read more.
(5) Punishing the Department of Justice. Rep. Gosar successfully added several amendments to cut the budget of the DOJ and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Click here to read more.
(6) Banning UN gun control, Fast & Furious, and more. In addition to the above pro-gun amendments that were passed this week, the original CJS bill (H.R. 2578) already includes several riders pushed by GOA. Click here to read more.
Stay tuned for additional updates, including a report on Obama’s most recent gun control offensive.